Las Vegas, NV asked in Child Support for Utah

Q: How do I access court records which state that I gave up my parental rights in St.George, Ut, in 2008?

After giving up my parental rights in court , in 2008, at St. George, Ut, I was later told to pay child support ,in 2019, in Las Vegas, Nv , where I currently live. Utah court denies that I gave up my rights , though. How do I get records about this - as it did happen and I need proof ? Thank you .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lane Wood
Lane Wood
  • Licensed in Utah

A: In Utah if you relinquish your rights, the court has to accept that relinquishment. This can be done in either the juvenile court or the district court depending on the exact circumstances. If it happened in the juvenile court the records can be tracked down but it is a little harder.

You can call the court clerks and ask for their help. If that doesn’t work, you may want to call an attorney to run some searches for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.