Chicago, IL asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Illinois

Q: If I resign can I still go after my employer for whatnot feel is intemitation?

I was told to resign or they would terminate my employment. If terminated polixe may be involved and they have contacted the states attorney. I ask for what. They said padding time cards and throwing away legal documents.

1 Lawyer Answer
George W. Svoboda
George W. Svoboda
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Grayslake, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Unless there is more to this story, you have no case against your employer, but they may have a case against you. Intimidation by accusing you of a crime is not illegal if it was a true statement and if it was not based on any protected form discrimination, such as race, gender or national origin.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.