Louisville, KY asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Tennessee

Q: Probation with VOP and recent dui results

My boyfriend is on probation and already has one VOP. We recently got into an accident which resulted in him recieving a DUI. We can not afford to pay his attorney to get him out of this trouble but he makes too much money to get a court appointed attourney. What can I do to help him?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You have a constitutional right to an attorney. Petition the Judge to give you a Public Defender or appointed attorney. With what you meantioned, I would not go to court without an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.