Asked in Traffic Tickets for North Carolina

Q: Received a ticket but am moving out of state within the week with no way to appear in court. What now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Just hire a traffic attorney in the area where you are to appear in court (this will be listed at the top of the ticket) - easy peasy lemon squeezy. Problem solved and hiring an attorney is way better than paying it off or appearing yourself and bumbling it because you do not know what you are doing. If you don't know any attorneys in the local area just use Google and search for 'traffic ticket attorney in whatever city or county, NC' you are to appear in. For example, Traffic Ticket Attorney Jacksonville NC. You don't need F. Lee Bailey for a traffic ticket so shop around and go with the cheapest quote. There are times when paying more for an attorney is a good idea - a traffic ticket ain't one of them. For routine legal issues like minor traffic tickets, paying more is often - just paying more. Anyone who says otherwise likely just wants to rip you off. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.