Concord, NC asked in Traffic Tickets for North Carolina

Q: I got a speeding ticket In NC January 57/35 it was dismissed with improper equip another one today for 61 in 35 I’m 18

Both happened in stanly county.

Will I get my driver’s license suspended?

What will happen?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristen Dewar
Kristen Dewar
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Concord, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: First, getting Improper Equipment is a reduction, not a dismissal, so it will be on your driving record. I suggest consulting with an experienced local traffic attorney in the county where you got the ticket to do review your other driving history with you, and advise you accordingly. If this ticket was issued in your location of Concord, it's typical that Speeding 61/35 will also come with a charge of Reckless Driving. Look at your citation to see if the law enforcement officer also charged you with that. Typically, if in Cabarrus County, and you just got a previous reduction less than one year ago, the DA's Office isn't likely to offer you Improper Equipment again, but consult with a local experienced traffic attorney for more information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.