Phoenix, AZ asked in Bankruptcy, Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Arizona

Q: My drivers license is suspended in wa state due to an accident i am unable to pay the financial responsability.

I have moved to arizonia and need to get my drivers license however i am suspended in wa state because i am unable to pay the collections agency the 1000.00 a month i am on ssi i had prior arranements with the insurance company to pay 30.00 a month they told me it was 15,000 now they say its over 250.000 theres no way i could ever pay that in my lifetime what can i do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: File bankruptcy, get a discharge, and then you can get your license back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.