Fair Oaks, CA asked in Copyright, Intellectual Property and Trademark for California

Q: I have an abandoned trademark I started through LegalZoom is there a way to pickup where things left off?

I started the process through LegalZoom and wasn’t familiar with corresponding and had a few quick address changes so things were lost in the mail. Is there a quick way to respond to something like that or does the process need to being again

2 Lawyer Answers

A: If it's a federal trademark, then there are several ways to handle it but it's going to depend on when and why it was abandoned. Your best bet is to consult with a trademark attorney to discuss the details and decide on the best course of action for your specific situation.

Bernard Samuel Klosowski agrees with this answer

Tania Maria Williams
Tania Maria Williams pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Trademarks Lawyer
  • West Palm Beach, FL
  • Licensed in California

A: If the time period (usually 6 months) has expired, you will need to start all over again. I would suggest consulting with a trademark attorney so that you have someone who can walk through the process with you from start to finish.

Kathryn Perales agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.