Thomasville, NC asked in Traffic Tickets for North Carolina

Q: My boyfriend got caught going 120 in a 70, he is getting sent to court if he does not hire a lawyer what will happen?

He did not get his car taken or anything like that, he did not get a ticket on the spot, just a court date.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: What will happen depends on what choices your boyfriend makes. If he continues to make incredibly bad choices such as driving 120/70 - bad things are likely to happen. So what he likely ought to choose is to consult with a traffic attorney ASAP. Typically at that speed, he will also be charged with other crimes such as Careless & Reckless Driving. If convicted, he is looking at possibilities such as license suspension, outrageous insurance increase, fines and / or jail time. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.