Ashland, KY asked in Adoption and Civil Litigation for Kentucky

Q: I have 3 past drug charges and Dec 31st of 2018. My 2 children were placed in the care of family. Do I have the right to

To see my children. I haven't talked or seen them for a year. My daughter doesn't know me. She was only 10mosand my son is now 5yrs. PLEASE in Jesus Name, HELP me. I'm so sorry and ashamed of the hurt I have caused, over drugs. I want a chance to provide the love and life with me my 2 babies well deserve. God Bless you and your family and keep safe. Amen.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You should, yes. File a motion for a graduated parenting schedule. As long as you remain clean and sober, there shouldn’t be a problem with you parenting the children, although you may have to jump through some proof hoops to prove your sobriety.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.