Hasbrouck Heights, NJ asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for New York

Q: My father filed a false order of protection against me just so he could kick me out of the House could I sue him?

He has been threatening me for years in kicking me out for no reason and threatening to call the cops on me.He called the police on me and lied to them telling them I steal his stuff, and that I get violent.When in fact he is the aggressor. He goes around to neighbors and spreads lies about me.I literally suffer from depression because of him. He treats me like an animal.We always would get into arguments and he’d get in my face and shove me.The last argument we had was in July and he than called the cops and told them how I steal and my friends tell me to be rude.I came out the bathroom and explained to the two officers that we were arguing going back and fourth and there was no direct contact.I was in the hallway and he was in the living room.After that day I didn’t say anything to him at all.Than he said he’d like to file a report.About a week later I get two police officers serving me with a temporary order of protection causing me to be kicked out of my home.I had to leave

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
  • Garden City, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If you are under age you can file for support, if you are an adult your only recourse is a quick trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.