Downey, CA asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for California

Q: How do I get my name off the loan after ex files the quick claim deed?

My ex husband filed our quick claim deed a few months before passing. But my name is still on the loan and getting effectived with my credit. We also split our assists during the divorce.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shawna Murray
Shawna Murray
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Irvine, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Have you tried contacting the bank? They may have a solution for you... It is more likely that your ex-spouse will need to refinance the loan in order for you to get your name off.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.