Morristown, TN asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Tennessee

Q: Ive been arrested on a felony drug charge. It was for 61 grams of marijuana. Could they come back with a search warrant

They had searched parts of my home when the initial accident occurred. My boyfriend had overdosed and they found the marijuana in his things. He later passed away and now theyre trying to pin it on me because we shared the same home and the person the pot belonged to is now deceased. My bail bondsman said they could come back with a warrant.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Unless you own the property, find another place to live now. You probably need a new phone and/or computer. Stay away from the people you have done illegal acts with. Work hard and stay out of trouble. Confidential Informants are doing everything they can to give the LEO's probable cause to get a SW issued and executed against you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.