Tulsa, OK asked in Probate for Oklahoma

Q: My fathers parents passed within a few months of each, both intestate. His sis is appointed personal rep. She won't give

him any info. When I looked case up on odcr it says that heirs are determined and "letters of admin sent" and "proof of publishing" has been done. Is my dad supposed to hire his own attorney? He has never recieved anything from court or sis?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James Tack Jr
James Tack Jr
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: He should contact the attorney for the estate and make sure he knows he is an heir and give the attorney his current mailing address. He should get a copy of all of the pleadings filed in the matter. He would not need to hire an attorney if he is in agreement with all of the pleadings and findings in the probate. However, if he doesn't trust his sister, he may want to hire an attorney to monitor the case, all depending upon the value of assets in the estate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.