Decatur, GA asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Divorce and Legal Malpractice for Georgia

Q: Is there an Law Firm that specializes in Void Judgement.??

I have a case that has many faces: active divorce Since 2016, proposed settlement presented July 8, 2016, final judgment on July 14, 2016, after mediation and consent order signed by judge Feb 9, 2016. My X bringing contempt charges for incurring debt on credit cards. It was mutual and nothing was in default. False information was given at a Show cause hearing I missed On June 6, 2018due to unforeseen circumstances. Plaintiffs attorney prepared an order stating I was in willful contempt, I was to be incarcerated until I paid $20,000 plus, an email sent to sheriffs dept to pick me up. This was followed by 12 days in jail, no first appearance, no bond hearing, no means to make contact with the judge. Searching for an attorney for release was difficult. No one understood why I went to jail, I made many efforts to make offers of redemption to my x. To no avail all offers turned down. My divorce attorney abandoned my case, said he couldn't help much more, they took my home,. Please help m

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You may want to call the state bar to inquire about an attorney that would specialize in this type of case. They maybe able to refer you to someone. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.