Minneapolis, MN asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Texas

Q: How I can get a lawyer who can assist me to reopen the case and help me to vacate my case ?

When the county charge , is was unlawful because , there is a lot wrong doing it had happened between me and my other attorney they didn't notice me and consequences of immigration but today they give a fibber to the court that they've been explained to me about immigration, now I am facing deportation to the crime I didn't committed and I will be deporte to the country I haven't steep my foot and I will get kill , my fear is a lot , when they crime it had happened to I was not in the location but the person who committed the crime the police let him go , and they come after me when I haven't done anything wrong. I fall in trapped while I am Innocent , I am tried to seeks assistance but I haven't see any one could help me . Please respond me may God bless you

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I can't tell if you are asking about a case from Texas or Minnesota but I can tell you that Texas has a very short period after a case is resolved to start the appeals process so you should probably start calling attorneys who take criminal appeals ASAP. If it has been more than a month you should probably concentrate on attorneys who SPECIALIZE in post conviction appeals because it may require an extraordinary remedy to even get an opportunity to be heard.

Since you are dealing with a criminal case with immigration consequences, you should probably familiarize yourself with the famous Supreme Court case of Padilla v. Kentucky and its progeny.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.