Victoria, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: I want to get my TWIC card but denied because of a charge of terristic threat a class b misdemeanor

I need it for work

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen A. Nicholas
Stephen A. Nicholas
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: This is not really a criminal law question as much as it is and administrative or employment law question; however, if the terroristic threats charge has not yet been resolved, then that would be the best place to start, since eliminating the case in a way that it could later be subject to expunction, such as pretrial diversion, a disposition without probation imposed, or some way to dispose of the situation without any probation or conviction. This would involve you working with your criminal defense lawyer before the case is resolved. Otherwise, other than possibly having it non-disclosed, which I think a state agency would be able to find, anyway, a lawyer skilled in administrative or employment law would be your next step to explore. Best of Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.