San Jose, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: How can i prove that i was framed by my sons father's new girlfriend for a gun she put in the trunk ?

She was mad because he was taking the car back and put a gun in the trunk and then reported it to the police. So the police got the vehicle information and location and illegally detained me blocked me in and since the vehicle registration was expired they said they were impounded it and used the impounding to inspection search it and that was when they found the gun in the trunk.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Douglas Hugh Ridley
Douglas Hugh Ridley
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ventura, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Proving that you were framed is not always possible, but if it is possible than it takes serious investigation and legal work. You should engage a legal professional, in our opinion, in a serious case like this. If you can not afford an attorney, then you should ask the court to assign a public defender.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.