Canfield, OH asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for New York

Q: Should I plead guilty or not guilty to a 221.05 charge for marijuana?

I have never been charged with anything before. The judge told me I can plead guilty and receive a fine or plead not guilty. If I plead guilty do I automatically receive a fine or can I ask for a marijuana ACD? Do they offer it or do I have to plead not guilty for a marijuana ACD?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Victor M. Feraru
Victor M. Feraru
  • Brooklyn, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You should be retaining counsel and not pleading to anything until you two have gone over the facts, ramifications and potential solutions to your issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.