Orlando, FL asked in Traffic Tickets for New Jersey

Q: Good afternoon, I am currently trying to restore my license but discovered someone obtained a license in my name.

So I found out that someone got a license in my name and received tickets and other violations, I went to court to deal with this however the judge was ..well difficult. she told me I need to prove that it was not me driving at that time. These tickets go back to 1995. How am I suppose to prove I was not the driver from something that took place over 20+ years ago???

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: We're not allowed on this site to give you specific advice on how to win a case yourself. However what I can tell you is that this is the reason why people hire lawyers to try to win the case for them when they don't know how to do it themselves.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.