Huddleston, VA asked in Uncategorized for Virginia

Q: Trying to get money released for executor of father in law will.

My father in law passed away a year ago and my niece is executor of his will. He had a will in the will any money left from his insurance policy would go to his children. The money has not been released. my husband hired a attorney. had a court date she did not appear. Now there going to try to serve her papers to appear in court. If she doesn't appear what will happen? And is there anything else he can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Virginia attorney could answer best, but your post remains open for three weeks. You could repost in the Probate, Estate Planning, and Civil Litigation categories. There's no guarantee all questions are answered, but your post would have better chances of being picked up there. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.