Evans, GA asked in Criminal Law and Probate for Georgia

Q: Can a probation case that was already closed be reopened and re evaluated by lawyers if it was mishandled in the past

I just want some advice because i was a first offender and i got put on probation for 30 years and have had to pay fees i cannot afford and never will be able to afford to a place that no longer exists. I was 17 at the time and the person who did the acts was 15 so they charged me instead. I would like to know if its possible to re open and re evaluate my case its been since 2011-2012 its now 2020 and my case was poorly mishandled. i just want to know if its possible

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robbie Levin
Robbie Levin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Marietta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You can file a Motion to Terminate Probation. I would recommend talking to a lawyer to better evaluate your chances for early termination.

For more information visit my website at www.LevinLawyerGa.com


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.