Louisville, KY asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Kentucky

Q: My brother has a criminal record and his (now ex) girlfriend is telling the police he hit her. Does he stand a chance?

I wasn't there obviously but I believe my brother because she is calling him from no caller ID numbers asking "is ____ your address?" She just seems to be taking it as a joke when this is very serious for him. He told me she was throwing things at him and kicked his dog (but again I know its just a he says she says thing). I just want to know if he even has a chance because of his record (which involved a dispute with his ex gf). She knows of his record and he told me she's doing this because he doesn't want to be with her anymore but is there anyway to prove his innocence when his record shows behaviors that align with what she is saying?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: He needs a good criminal defense attorney. ASAP.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.