Saint Martinville, LA asked in Libel & Slander for Louisiana

Q: I own an early childhood daycare center. What type of lawyer should I get for a defamation case against a parent?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Louisiana attorney could best advise, but you await a response for a month. You would need a libel/slander lawyer; you're in the right category. You could reach out to attorneys to discuss, but keep in mind that these types of cases are not handled on a contingency basis like car accidents. You would likely pay hourly legal fees and there is usually no guarantee of a decisive or cost-effective outcome, depending on the circumstances. Maybe a brief consult could help you make a decision. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.