Dallas, TX asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Louisiana

Q: I and living in my childhood home, with my dad. I help and pay utilities and food. Me and my dad. He also rents thre

Other rooms upstairs. He wants me to move out. he called the cops one time and they said he would have to evict me. Now he is saying he is signing the house over to my brother who doesn't like me this evening. The IRS has a 187000000$ lien on the house. Can he do this ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If you are over the age of 18, and not disabled, you need to find another place to live. Either your father or your brother can simply lock you out or evict you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.