Stamford, CT asked in Estate Planning for Connecticut

Q: In CT Back in March my moms attorney passed away in the middle of settling an estate for her. We have not been notified

Of who is replacing him. He had his own practice with no partners. Where do we go to find out who took his open cases? Thanks

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN

A: Start by contacting the State Bar of Connecticut. They might have been notified by now as to who is taking over his cases. But in the meantime you might be better off just hiring another probate attorney to substitute into the case. It would be a pretty simple motion to make and ought to be approved without any trouble.

Matthew A. Wiley agrees with this answer

Matthew A. Wiley
Matthew A. Wiley
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Shelton, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Definitely agree with Nina. Hire another attorney and have them assist with either finishing the file or possibly getting some funds back from the first attorney. It's not always that simple though.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.