Kewanee, IL asked in Bankruptcy for Illinois

Q: How can I get my money back from my bankruptcy lawyer?

I paid him in full on July 14th. I gave him all the documents and information that he needed to fill out the petition, but for the last almost 2 months, I can’t get him to return calls or emails. No petition has been completed for me to sign, and I am in desperate need for this to be filed because of severe financial stress. How can I go about getting my money back from him so that I can go somewhere else and get this done? I live in Illinois.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Go to his office, plant yourself, and don’t leave until he gives you a refund.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.