Colonial Heights, VA asked in Medical Malpractice for Virginia

Q: I had an incident at the ER giles carilion..just want to know if I have a case or not

I went to the ER with a large kidney stone blocking my urinary tract. They ran 2 scans..dr said there was nothing there..then they pushed a catheter up in me and hit the stone and shoved it back up inside me doing tremendous damage plus the ungodly amount of pain that no words can describe.that night I passed a small piece of stone.the next morning I passed a large stone..I have a history of stones and pass at least 2 a yr.i have had 3 lithotripsy and stopped counting at 27 stones passed..I was in my 30s when I stopped counting..I am now all the yrs and stones I have passed I have never seen as much pure blood come out when passing a stone..that evening I went to the bathroom to have a bowel movement..that's when it really got weird..there was more pure blood come out having a bowel movement than the stone..since then I have had ongoing painful problems with my kidneys not functioning properly. Bowel movements are days apart and I'm sure I'm still bleeding there.i have no appet.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Virginia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for four weeks. To answer your question, an attorney would likely need the opinion of a medical professional. As a starting point, you could reach out to Virginia med mal attorneys. Most med mal attorneys offer free initial consults. If after discussing your matter with you an attorney identified the basis for a potential claim, they could request your patient files and discuss them with a medical professional. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.