Atlanta, GA asked in Car Accidents, Family Law and Personal Injury for Alabama

Q: How do I find my dead fathers lawsuit from the accident that led to his death

I would like to probate the lawsuit since he left no will and testament

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Alabama attorney could answer best, but your post remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for the loss of your father. If the case was placed into suit, you could look into whether it appears in any of the online resources of uniform court systems. Nationwide, more and more court systems have uploaded case tracking information on their sites. If it was not placed into suit, it could be a little more difficult. If you have a clue who the attorney was, or if there are not too many BI attorneys in your area, you could make a few phone calls. If you happen to know his insurance carrier, they might be able to help you. If you remember where the accident took place, you might try the precinct that would have responded - if they placed their police reports in digital form, that might lead to identifying the parties and insurance carriers. If these don't work, you could contact an attorney or investigator to help you further. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.