Los Angeles, CA asked in Child Support for Arizona

Q: I am paying child support to my ex. My son left his house am i still obilgated to pay child support.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
John R Gaertner Jr
John R Gaertner Jr
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: This certainly could be a substantial and continuing change of circumstances which would justify you asking for a modification or change in your child support obligation. Consult a family law attorney to discuss the matter in greater detail.

Rich J. Peters
Rich J. Peters
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I would need to know more. Is your son emancipated? Over the age of 18? Out of high school? Is he supporting himself?

Please call my office soon. We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better via video or phone consultation. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free ½ hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call or email Emily in our office to schedule your free ½ hour consultation.

Office: 602-256-7575

Emily: Emily@FamilyLawAZ.com

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

1422 N. 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004

602-256-7575 (RJRJ)


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.