Asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Kentucky

Q: What can I do about a medical test that showed I had something wrong being kept from me for 5 years

It cause misdiagnosis and surgery that may not have been needed. Went without medicine for 5 1/2 years because I was not told about the test results. Cost me employment and many other things wrong with their system. Is there anything I can do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Matt Schalk
Matt Schalk
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Princeton, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: It sounds like a failure to treat type of medical malpractice case. The obvious problem would be a statute of limitations issue. You need to contact a medical malpractice attorney immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.