Manhattan, KS asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Kansas

Q: Yes I was in an accident about 2 weeks ago..well the other drivers insurance company is denying my claim even though

I have police report stating that he was at fault he even admitted it was his fault we both had the same story about what happened and he was parked on side of street we’re he was not suppose to be parking.well after police report was made he suddenly came up with a witness coming up with a different story so there insurance adjuster denied claim without a reason why..also talk to the officer that took out statements and he said that the person that hit me was at fault and the witness that he the person that hit me was not credible about what happen and that he will help me in what I needed to get help on trying to get my claim.what can I do to get what is owed to me?

1 Lawyer Answer
David Adams
David Adams
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Olathe, KS
  • Licensed in Kansas

A: It's not clear if this is an injury situation or just property damage, and the severity in either case. There is a two year statute of limitations in either case. If just property damage, and not much dollar damage, then small claims court might be the way to go (if < $4k). If an injury claim, then your medical will usually need to be > $2k to allow you to recover for pain and suffering damages. With a less than honest witness a lawyer will likely be needed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.