Panama City, FL asked in Family Law and Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: How do I compel ex-wife to comply with court order to sell marital house at the price set by court and move out ?

The divorce final judgement was entered in Feb 2020 ordering the marital home to be sold and sale proceeds split. The order didn't set a deadline for the sale. the order accepted an appraisal for the house at 249K. the listing agent listed the house at 290 and later dropped to 270. 4 months passed and no offer . the agent wants to lower the price again but my ex-wife won't agree to lowering and claims she can't find affordable rental (she will get at least 30K from sale). what do I need to do to ask the court to change the order and let me buy her out for the same amount she would get from sale or otherwise compel her to accept an offer and sign closing documents ?!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Draft and file a motion to compel. Or hire a competent lawyer to help you draft and file the motion to compel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.