Henderson, NV asked in Landlord - Tenant for Nevada

Q: How do I kick out a grown child who doesn’t pay rent and was told to move out in a month?

She moved back in after being kicked out by a boyfriend and was told she could live with me if she followed my rules and if she did she had until April and if she didn’t the date would change. She hasn’t and I told her that she had a month to move out because I want her gone and she is screwing my life up. How do I get rid of her without any issues? Can I call the police to evict her (they know her because she has run away before)? Or do I have to follow legal action and get a notice form from the county? What do I do??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: I am sorry you’ve been put in this situation. If she’s an adult you must follow the normal eviction procedures including timelines and notices.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.