Pageland, SC asked in Intellectual Property and Patents (Intellectual Property) for South Carolina

Q: Hi, I have been trying to get my personal property back and my grandpa’s wife refuses to give it back. What do i do?

She lives in Florida and I have been trying for two years to get my stuff back. I asked her for the property back or the money to replace it and she told me that I was getting nothing back and that she didn’t owe me anything. I never abandoned my property, I had been kicked out by them and couldn’t bring the property with me when I left.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn
  • Patents Lawyer
  • Pittsboro, NC

A: This question has been posted to the attorneys that handle patents (a way of protecting an invention) and to intellectual property (patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets).

The problem described does not belong in these categories. You may want to talk to someone with experience in family law or landlord tenant law as recover of property from a place where you lived is analogous to disputes that may arise when a tenant tries to recover personal property from a place where the tenant used to live.

You may want to obtain help from a lawyer close to wherever your property is located.

Good luck.

Kevin E Flynn

Timothy John Billick agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.