Indianapolis, IN asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Indiana

Q: Can my ex-wife keep me from seeing my kids all because she's upset with me and what can I do about it?

We have joint custody but she's the primary

1 Lawyer Answer
Troy Tyson
Troy Tyson

A: She cannot see you from seeing your children if there is a court order that gives you the right to see them. If she is withholding them for an unjustified reason, you may want to consider taking her to court for contempt. You should speak with a family law attorney to get more information on your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.