Union, NJ asked in Child Custody and Child Support for New Jersey

Q: Hi,i do live here in new jersey.my question is my wife wants to move out our home.is it ok to bring my son.

We havent filed a divorce but she wants to bring my son to her no place that i dont even know where is it.Can i able to tell her not to bring my son until she filed a divorce at custody of our son?thanks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Diamond
Richard Diamond
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Millburn, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Schedule a consultation with a certified matrimonial ( divorce) trial lawyer before you agree to anything. This is too important an issue to simply agree upon without understanding the legal significance of your actions. Too often, we family law specialists hear stories about someone getting bad advice from a general practitioner and then trying to figure out how to undo the damage caused by the decision made. If you would like to schedule a consultation with one of the partners in Diamond & Diamond to discuss your current setting, call Angela at 973-379-9292 to arrange it. And yes, Mr Diamond is a certified matrimonial trial lawyer by the New Jersey Supreme Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.