Boston, MA asked in Elder Law for Massachusetts

Q: I was granted guardianship of my 67yo mom who's mentally ill and is an alcoholic.Can I mandate her to go to a 90day prog

The judge did not mandate placement in a long term care facility. She continues to relapse and put her safety at risk and our next court date is not until January 2021. The medical certificate said that she is incapacitated but now an independent medical evaluation was ordered. Can I mandate that she participate in a 90 day rehab program?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If your order does not give you the ability to place her in a facility then you will need to file and serve an appropriate Motion with Affidavit seeking such.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.