Florence, KY asked in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Kentucky

Q: Question on a malpractice claim for a double stroke post-surgery service-connected injury date February 5th 2018

Facts my father had a TBI affecting his brain patient patient was unaware of what was even going on the whole time I believe law states you have a year and also I'm assuming from the time you knew of incident which is a malpractice lawsuit claim that I am pursuing in the state of Kentucky I'm aware of it being 2 years so due to the extraordinary events that happened is there any exception to file a motion on this matter that is my question

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Only a Kentucky attorney could advise on statutes of limitations, as they are governed by state law. However, you await a response for three weeks. At this point, reach out to Kentucky attorneys to discuss. Most attorneys who handle such cases offer free initial consults. As a GENERAL matter, some states do suspend the running of the statute for factors such as infancy, disability, discovery in med mal cases, among other issues. Reach out to Kentucky attorneys and ask their opinion - provide details about the TBI - that could be the most effective way to determine your options and put the issue to rest. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.