Merritt Island, FL asked in Civil Litigation, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: Can I block legally from my bf returning to residence after playing music n bar as I am high risk in virus?

I want to legally block my bf from returning to our shared residence after playing music in bar as I am high risk in contracting coronavirus & he REFUSES to agree to go elsewhere after playing to change clothes, shower & take all exposed equipment (he has a “following “ of people known to over imbibe help him breakdown & pack up his equipment ) to a storage area for placement instead of bringing into residence (it’s a total 800 ft. Tight quarters no way to place when there would be no contact with) & I am terrified he will cause me to be infected as I (statistically shown) have a high risk of not surviving if infected. I feel this is a “intent to cause harm”, not asking him to be bared any other time than directly after UNTIL he showers/changes clothes/shoes/places equipment elsewhere for weekly use of. Can I ask for a legal request of since he refuses? I have taken personal steps to insure my lack of contact to working from home, limited out of apartment. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: it's his as much as it is yours. So your best bet is to find another place to live.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.