Kendallville, IN asked in Divorce for Indiana

Q: Divorce is pending and he stopped paying everything and refused to leave can I legally make him leave

I filed for a divorce the beginning of oct and he still living here and has stopped paying everything he won’t pay any bills won’t help buying food nothing! He’s not physically abusive Is there a way I can make him leave until we go to court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Troy Tyson
Troy Tyson

A: Yes, you need to request what is called a "provisional order" from the court. This will allow you to have temporary orders put in place while the divorce is pending. You can ask the court to make him leave the house during that time. You should speak with an attorney, or contact your court clerk for instructions on filing that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.