Hampshire, IL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Illinois

Q: Ex husband engages in inappropriate behavior during his parenting time

My ex husband has parenting time every other weekend. Our daughters are 13, 9 and 9.

Last weekend my daughter walked by his bedroom at 2 p.m. when all of the kids were in the house and heard voices. The door was closed, but she could clearly hear him engaging in an online chat coercing women to take their clothes off. She captured audio evidence on her phone of him saying “Just show me what I want to see and I’ll delete it.” They were hesitant it seems because then he said “It’s up to you guys. You’ll have to take my word (I’ll delete it).” What she didn’t get on audio was the first thing he said: “I’m not going to even ask you girls your age”.

My youngest two don’t know about it, but my oldest doesn’t want to go back to his place. And I’m worried for their well being.

What do I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James G. Ahlberg
James G. Ahlberg
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Rochelle, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Contact the lawyer who handled your divorce, make an appointment immediately , bring in the daughter and the recording. Follow the advice the lawyer gives you.

If you did not use a lawyer when you got divorced, contact a lawyer immediately, make an appointment, bring in the daughter and the recording. Follow the advice the lawyer gives you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.