Asked in Real Estate Law for Oklahoma

Q: My grandmother gave me property. I have been living on the property for almost 30 years. She passed. Need in my name.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matt Fleischer
Matt Fleischer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I am sorry for your loss. The answer to this question depends on numerous factors, primarily how she "gave" you the property. For example, did she add you as a joint tenant, did she leave it to you in her will, etc. You should contact an attorney to discuss the situation. Most provide free consultations and can probably point you in the right direction in a brief 10 minute phone call.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.