Jackson, OH asked in Environmental and Real Estate Law for Ohio

Q: My neighbors yard is a mess and damaging to the environment can I make them clean it up?

My neighbor has tons of junk cars through out their yard. Trash every where kids with no running water and the dump stuff into the near by creek. If I can get them into legal trouble who should I contact?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Neighbor problems are difficult to resolve, and can escalate and become very unpleasant if neighbors are reported. Talk to your local building and zoning office first and ask if they have any ability to do anything - without giving your name or address. There could tell you there is not e much that they can do about it. And if they contact your neighbor, then your neighbor could make things worse for you. You could also file a nuisance complaint in court. But use the Find a Lawyer tab to talk to a local attorney who can advise you what is possible, and what isn't.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.