Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Texas

Q: Currently have a drug paraphernalia citation. Please read details. What is my best course of action?

There has been no court date set. This has been a pending charge since February 2020. The court has offered me a disposed disposition for the citation. I have asked my attorney if they can move court date up, and they have not been able to assist me. I need the fastest solution possible; this citation is affecting my employment ability. I was offered the disposition by the court, and they are open. I have a choice to take this option but I would need to drop my attorney or just stick to the attorney and wait for the court date (which is the long route). Please advise.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Would your employer accept a letter from your attorney's office explaining that the prosecution has offered a dismissal agreement but it can't be processed while the court is closed for the COVID pandemic?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.