Kansas City, KS asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Probate for Kansas

Q: The administrator for my deceased husband hasn't talked for more than half year. What can I do from here in Kansas?

My husband passed away 3 years ago in Kansas. He had properties in Kansas and Arkansas. The executor for his case requested documents in this past February. I haven't hard anything about this since then. What can I do to get updates for this case and move on?

1 Lawyer Answer
Doug Coe
Doug Coe
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Wichita, KS
  • Licensed in Kansas

A: Surviving spouses certainly have rights in Kansas. If there is reason to think the administrator/executor isn't doing what they need to be doing, I would strongly encourage you to talk to an attorney. They may be able to file certain motions with the Court to get things going, or there may be need to replace the administrator/executor all together. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.