Stillwater, MN asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota

Q: An attorney working my case was placed on temporary disability. Then reinstated, then permanent disability. 7 years

Have passed, I was in contact with her and she always told me we would finish everything to wait and that court was postponed or rescheduled. I paid in full for my gross misdemeanor criminal case and completed the community service program that allowed it to be off my record. The agreement was she would handle my lawsuit for a percentage of the settlement or damages paid as part of our contract. Due to mental health she was suspended and she lost the abilty to represent clients several times. She was placed on permanent disability in 2013. I was never informed and waited and attempted contact. I was also never told by her or anyone that there was a limited time to file a lawsuit. I appreciate your time and advice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Bailey
William Bailey
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: You should consult with a personal injury attorney to determine what, if anything, you can do at this point.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.