Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Minnesota Uncategorized Questions & Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: I had a general mills cereal bar with metal wire like things. They want me to send it to them. Should I or get a lawyer?

I bit into bar and it felt like little pins in my mouth. My gum on bottom was bleeding and top denture got poked in just the right spot and now it's cracking.

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 19, 2019

Bring it to a lawyer

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: If I visit my 20 yr old son at the U of M, can I legally allow him to consume a beer at a restaurant or brewery?

I live in WI where this would be legal. Does the same hold true in MN?

Joseph A. Gangi answered on May 3, 2019


1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: My ex smokes in his home and car with our daughter there. can I stop this?

She gets sick easily and coughs for 2 days after getting home from his house on the weekends. I feel helpless but she is 6.I should have control over her health. I have full physical he has 50%legal

Lucas Wynne answered on Jul 21, 2016

You could always petition the court for an order that would prevent him from smoking around the child or be in violation of the order. Frankly, I'm unsure what the odds of success of such an order might be.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: In Minnesota, is it legal for just anyone to walk into an insurance agents office and ask about my business insurance?

So this is a guy who has been promoting my competition while badmouthing me around town for the last two and a half years. For reasons supposedly unrelated to this guy, my commercial insurance is being canceled with my current company. The guy who has been being a pain in my back side was able... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Nov 8, 2015

You have not gotten an answer yet, and if I do not point you in the right direction, I fear that no one will. I do not know the laws in your state about this so you should probably go see a local business lawyer. What I do see in what you have written is perhaps a cause of action for tortious... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: Does section 256j.55 subd 1, conflict with section 256j.31 subd 8? Could one also argue that 256.515 does as well?

My wife and I believe That sections 256j.55 subd 1, and section 256j.515 are violating our right to manage our own affairs; mainly our activities and pursuits, under section 256j.31 subd 8, and that subsequent sanctions under section 256j.42 only further limit this right.

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Nov 8, 2015

What you have to do is go have a full discussion with a local attorney who handles these types of cases. This is not at all a basic question about the law, but requires knowledge of all the facts and circumstances as well as research into the case law in your jurisdiction regarding the sections... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: Can I hand a handwritten letter directly to a Judge? Or a Judge Clerk?

I don’t have time to mail it courts coming up tomorrow. I just figured maybe this is an option to voice my opinion! This court is not for me I would like to write a letter in the defenses defense. To possible help per sway the Judge. Is that possible??

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 25, 2015

No, neither in my opinion. We do not even know what the defendant is charged with.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: how do I fill out a declaration of victim loss

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 10, 2015

Is there a victim advocate at the local prosecutor's office that can help you with this? Was this from a crime? The context helps.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: Can emancipation of an 18 year old be reversed by a judge?

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 8, 2015

Odd question to me. How would it be reversed? How do you see this? Reaching 18 is emancipation.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: is it legal to tint your taillights in mn

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Aug 19, 2015

An attorney would have to do research to answer this specific question. Look up the statutes on this topic.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.