Beloit, WI asked in Divorce and Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: My ex doesn’t want my married girlfriend around our children. Can she do this?

My girlfriend doesn’t see her children for unknown reasons as she has not told me why. She doesn’t have placement or custody and a no contact order with her ex (husband). My ex doesn’t want our kids around her because the kids have said she’s hit them and holds her hand over their mouths. I’ve left them alone with her but she says she’s never done it. My kids tell their mom every time it happens.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Brookfield, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: I would be concerned, as a parent, if your girlfriend does not have placement of her own children and a no contact Order with her ex. I can not say I blame your ex. If you have your children being physically disciplined by your girlfriend and you do not have knowledge as to why she has no relationship with her own children, you risk your ex filing a Motion to limit your placement because of the risk of harm created by your girlfriend. You have some decisions to make. Naturally, a Court is going to be most concerned as the best interests, safety and welfare of your children.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.