Sandy, UT asked in Civil Litigation for Idaho

Q: I’m fearful I cannot defend myself to continue motion for CPO What is your advice

A petition for a CPO was granted to me but to continue the CPO I need to go to court This is for intimidation and harassment by person who unlawfully entered my apartment and is trying to intimidate me to tell the courts I lied and drop the charges The intimidation and harassment has been ongoing since then I am fearful and terrified of this person The next pretrial hearing is 12/22/20 at which time a motion will be brought for a NCO Until then I need coverage of the CPO I’m fearful I will not be emotionally capable of defending myself for the CPO court date of 11/18/20

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: The person who is harassing you is REALLY CLOSE TO being charged with a Felony, entitled "Intimidation of Witness," and if he comes anywhere near you, I would notify the police immediately. He cannot legally harass you or bother you because you have testimony that will hurt him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.