Paragould, AR asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Arkansas

Q: if my ex, who lives in Texas, has recently had her children(with her now husband) taken away because she and her 2yr old

tested positve for meth do i have to send my daughter that she has weekend visitation with to her house or is that grounds for an emergency hearing?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Josh A. Eason
Josh A. Eason
  • Jonesboro, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: This would be time to file for an ex parte emergency custody petition. You will need to list out all of the information you have as to why this is an emergency in your petition. Meth use will most likely be enough. However, if you can get a copy of the child protective services information, it would most likely give you all the information regarding the allegations you will need for your petition. You will most likely need an attorney to help you with this due to the nature and time sensitiveness of ex parte custody actions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.